This topical and highly relevant education programme for marine purchasers is available in the form of either dedicated on-site training at your offices or alternatively group training sessions open to smaller numbers.
This structured two day course, which has been developed and delivered by The Lloyd's Register Group to meet requirements set out by the International Marine Purchasing Association (IMPA). The course introduces the business benefits of a management system and covers risk management, competitive advantage and the customer requirement, cost saving and improvements and improved relationships with clients, the community and regulators.
Why should I take the course?
This Audit Training Course offers students many benefits including the following...
- Wide range of subjects & skills covered
- Developed & delivered by Lloyd's Register
- Practical & relevant solutions for business
- Get ahead of your colleagues
- IMPA members get 10% discount on fees
Who will benefit?
This course is of immense value to those involved in purchasing and auditing within ship owning, operating and managing companies. No prior knowledge of the ISM Code or auditing skills are necessary.
What is the course format?
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussion, case studies and syndicate exercises, you will learn and gain a thorough understanding of the following:
- Risk and its management
- Planning, preparations and reporting of the audit
- Conduct of the audit and auditing techniques
- Identification, assessment and grading of non-conformities and observations
- A basic understanding of management system & principles
- The relationship between the auditor and the interviewee
- Key requirements from standards used in the marine industry
- Marine industry practice and guidelines
- The basis of management systems key elements and standards relationships
Dates: 11 & 12 September 2017 - Due to the popularity of this course IMPA advises pre-registering your interest via email to: email@example.com