This topical and highly relevant education programme for marine purchasers is available in the form of either dedicated on-site training at your offices or alternatively group training sessions open to smaller numbers.
This structured two day course, which has been developed and delivered by The Lloyd's Register Group to meet requirements set out by the International Marine Purchasing Association (IMPA), introduces the business benefits of a management system and covers risk management, competitive advantage and the customer requirement, cost saving and improvements and improved relationships with clients, the community and regulators.
Why should I take the course?
This Audit Training Course offers students many benefits including the following...
- Wide range of subjects & skills covered
- Developed & delivered by Lloyd's Register
- Practical & relevant solutions for business
- Get ahead of your colleagues
- IMPA members get 10% discount on fees
- £100 discount on IMPA 2016 delegate fees
Who will benefit?
This course is of immense value to those involved in purchasing and auditing within ship owning, operating and managing companies. No prior knowledge of the ISM Code or auditing skills are necessary.
What is the course format?
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussion, case studies and syndicate exercises, you will learn and gain a thorough understanding of the following:
- Risk and its management
- Planning, preparations and reporting of the audit
- Conduct of the audit and auditing techniques
- Identification, assessment and grading of non-conformities and observations
- A basic understanding of management system & principles
- The relationship between the auditor and the interviewee
- Key requirements from standards used in the marine industry
- Marine industry practice and guidelines
- The basis of management systems key elements and standards relationships
Course Delivery Options:
Option 1 - Dedicated in-house training
Lloyd's Register specialists will lead a dedicated in-house programme for a minimum of six and maximum of 15 staff members. The two-day course delivery includes all support materials as well as costs and expenses for the tutors. Venue costs are excluded as the courses are expected to be held at the client company's premises.
Costs: Sample costs are £7,412 in Oslo or Copenhagen and £6,850 in London. Other locations may be available on request. In all cases IMPA members will be entitled to a 10% discount.
Option 2 – IMPA Members Programme
IMPA is organising a series of sessions for individuals and small groups at Devonport House in Greenwich, London. The building is grand with maritime glamour and features state-of the-art facilities to maximise the training experience.
Dates: September 10 & 11 2018 - Due to the popularity of this course IMPA advise pre-registering your interest by contacting via our contact page or using the email address below. Once dates have been confirmed we will contact you with additional information.
Costs: The Option 2 fee is £850 per person and a 10% discount for IMPA members also applies.
For full information including costs relating to the course and to register your interest simply get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The IMPA Audit Trainning course was a learning experience with an inspiring teacher who had the knowledge and teaching capability to make the course worth the time and money.”